2.15.2010

Red Dawn

A very unfortunate thing happened last year…this was the passing of Patrick Swayze. Yesterday, while grocery shopping at Wal-Mart I happened across a DVD collection titled “The Patrick Swayze Collection.” How could I possibly pass up the opportunity to own a piece of cinema history. There were three movies in the collection; “Young Blood,” “Red Dawn,” and “Road House.” Naturally, that night I had to watch one of these great movies with my roomies. We selected to watch Red Dawn. In this movie communists attack the United States. They take over much of the western side of the U.S. The attackers are stopped in the Rocky Mountains. The movie follows the story of high schoolers who fight the invading soldiers. My roommates and I got into a discussion of whether or not we would respond in the same way.