7.09.2010

Summer en Italia?

I am addicted to Summer. No really, it is my drug of choice. No matter what I am doing, I longingly look outside. The breeze, the pool, the sun, fireworks... I love it.

Now, there are productive, good practical things to do with your Summer. Finding a job so you can get some extra mula (to pay for that pool pass!) Internships, to figure out if you could be joyful. Summer study abroad sessions, that trip to Italy or France.

My advice? Study abroad. Do it. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing screams 'I am culturally competent and could work with a variety of people groups' than a study abroad session (during the semester or Summer). Add learning another language to the table, and you are so much more employable. When people travel, their world expands. What may have been important to you two weeks before going abroad (ahem, that boy that didn't call you back?) seems minuscule in comparison to how big that world really is.

So, while I am all about lazing it out at the pool-- you do have a chance you might not have again!

Expand your horizons ladies and gents, I promise it will pay off in more ways than you could imagine.